Saturday, July 2, 2011

June 30, 2011-Mommy Skunk-Mommy Fox


This is mommy fox setting a treat down for her pups to find later. The sun is setting on the hill. The back hill and woods where they are at a lot. I can't see them as well when they are back there.


The mommy skunk lying on the grass eating her treat and then by my window begging for more.


She sure is a pretty one! She has such a full, beautiful tail. I haven't seen her kits again with her.
I'm sure they are up in the woods though. She's always taking the treats back.

3 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

Just the thought of these animals taking treats to their little ones is interesting. People don't realize that animals think about these things with intelligence.

Katie, Julep and Derby's Mom said...

It always amazes me how the creatures come to you to get their photo's taken -- even if you put a few treats out along the way. Wilson took photo's of two fawns in our driveway this afternoon - he put them on fb but hasn't sent me a copy yet for my blog. Wishing you a wonderful 4th of July holiday.

Katie from
www.westiejulep.blogspot.com

Emma Springfield said...

I am surprised that you don't have a real problem with the skunks spraying and the accompanying smell. With the variety of animals who visit you, I would think they would feel threatened often.