Tuesday, March 15, 2011

March 15, 2011-Chipmunk and Skunk


Here's one of the little chipmunks. He is so cute and just sat there so I could take his picture.


A big fat female squirrel. She doesn't look as if she's feeding any babies. That other squirrel sits up by that nest but I don't think there's anything in it. I was watching the past few nights and that squirrel always ends up going down the tree and way over to another area just before dark. So maybe nothing is using that nest unless the babies died or something.


This is the first skunk I've seen all winter although I have smelled one now and then. He was a little leery of me though and ran off after I took these pictures.
We are having a beautiful day here today. The sun is shining and it's in the 40's.
( Tuesday, 15th)

Going to get in the 50's by Friday!! But rain tomorrow.

5 comments:

ShySongbird said...

The little Chipmunk is so sweet Ginny! I particularly love the photos on the previous post where it is standing looking over the wire and the ones of the Squirrel standing upright also.

I can never get over what an odd looking creature the skunk is! We don't have anything like it here.

Ginnymo said...

Ha! I love the skunks Jan. I think they are so cute. Do you know that lots of people have them as pets?? You can watch videos of them on Youtube. I love the chipmunks also. I think they are so adorable. It's odd that I didn't see any today and it was so sunny out. Hope the darn hawk didn't get him.

Rick (Ratty) said...

I've been smelling skunks too, but I never see them. One of my goals is to follow your example and get a good picture of a skunk.

Out on the prairie said...

Skunks are cute until they spray. I made a kissing noise to bring my dog back to the tent last summer and that is the same sound mama skunk makes.I literally had to shove it out of the tent.

jeanlivingsimple said...

Ginny, You always get the best wildlife captures. The chipmunk is a cutie.
I haven't seen or smelled a skunk in years. Super shots!