Thursday, March 24, 2011

From March 22, 2011-Chipmunks-Birds-Squirrels


A Black capped Chickadee, Tufted Titmouse and a female Cardinal.


The Chipmunks are all out now and there are lots of them!


They can still hide under the snow.


And some stay near the rock wall for safety. Some are smaller. Born late last fall I think.


And here's the mommy squirrel . She just came out of her nest and was cleaning herself. She only stays out for an hour and a half usually. She comes down to eat then heads back. Can't wait to start seeing the young ones if they make it.



3 comments:

Book said...

I am so glad i found your site. Fantastic photos - thank you!!

rainfield61 said...

I have a dream last night.

I saw many squirrels playing in my compound.

Must have read too much.

Rick (Ratty) said...

Squirrel videos are always my favorite. And that little chipmunk had his mouth stuffed. I love that.