Wednesday, May 5, 2010

May 4th Collages-Birds-Squirrels-Fox #4


The wild flowers I see from my window. The Lilacs are starting to bloom!! And of course the Dandelions..Ha! but I like them.


I couldn't get a clear shot at the Woodpecker. He was too far away. I love this male cardinal. He's so pretty! His mate is too but I can't seem to catch her that often up close. And of course the little Titmouse is so cute!

I felt so bad for this Starling . He must have crashed into something and broke his beak. It couldn't close and he couldn't eat. By the end of the evening he was sitting on the ground next to the building while his mate sat nearby watching. I'm sure he died overnight.

The mother squirrels look so worn out these days. I bet they are glad the babies have left the nest to fend for themselves.

And my beautiful Gray Fox. Number 4. This one comes around more often and earlier than the others.

6 comments:

Tony nile life said...

You leave the dandelions. and you will have an abundance of wildlife over 90 insects will take the nectar, insects attract birds, and the cycle goes on.

rainfield61 said...

Your zoo will be very busy and lively in the Spring, if you can have some macro views.

The Retired One said...

These are wonderful shots, every single one of them!!

Rick (Ratty) said...

Your pictures are as beautiful as ever. I feel bad for the starling.

ShySongbird said...

What an enjoyable post although I felt so very sorry for the poor Starling :(

My Lilac seems to have burst into bloom from nowhere! The Dandelions are a great source of nectar for the bees which over here are declining. This year we seem to have more Dandelions than usual so hopefully that will help the bees.

All your creatures are lovely, as always, that Tufted Titmouse is gorgeous :)

Ginnymo said...

Thank you everyone for the nice comments. I know I am behind on getting to all your blogs. But I try. It's so nice to have everything blooming and growing now. Winter was too long. Hugs to you all.