Monday, August 30, 2010

August 30, 2010-A Few Critters


Spotted this lone Turkey up on the back hill this morning. I'm sure the others were close by in the woods. But this one was all I could see from my window.


One of the adult foxes. A chipmunk and some of the skunks. The black ones are Mom and Young. The other ones were out there after dark. That one is still fatter than heck. Maybe it's just too fat. I thought maybe it was going to have babies. Sure looks like it. But seems too late in the season. But I guess skunks are like cats and can have them any time.

7 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

That turkey is either brave or foolish with those foxes around. It's extra nice looking for a wild turkey. Maybe that's why the fox has such a satisfied grin.

jeanlivingsimple said...

I am very jealous of your having such a collection of wildlife!
Love the wild turkeys. I hear them but never see them.

rainfield61 said...

You have brought in turkeys to your little zoo.

Well done.

bemused26 said...

Hi Ginny, i do love seeing your wildlife pictures! The animals in your area are so pretty. I still find it incredibly strange to see pictures of Turkeys in the wild. It just seems so weird to me...!

ShySongbird said...

Hi Ginny, it's lovely to be back although I admit I had a sneaky peek every now and again when I wasn't supposed to :)

The Skunk could just be fat because it is enjoying Ginny's restaurant so much :)

I completely agree with Bemused26 about the Turkeys, exactly what I was going to say!

I love the header, sooo sweet!!

Carole Barkett said...

More amazing photos, I had to go back to admire the chipmunk ones again too

Ginnymo said...

I don't think the foxes are bothering the Turkeys. They always seem to be around. But I bet the foxes will eat the little ones. never saw any little ones this year.
You are right Jan. The skunks are eating too well! They are eating the fox food. Ha! And "peek" anytime you want without leaving comments. I do.